1/2 kg ridge gourd(don’t completely peel them just peel them lightly and cut them into small pieces),
2 spoons urad dal,
2 spoons Bengal gram/chana dal,
1/4 spoon jeera/cumin seeds,
5 green chilles,
5 dried red chillies,
1 full garlic bud,
50 grams tamarind, soak it in 1/4cup water,
100 grams oil,
Salt according to your taste
1/4 spoon turmeric.
1. Take a pan, add oil and heat it, then add Urad dal, chana dal, cumin and red chillies.
2. Fry them then add garlic and curry leaves to the pan and fry them, then turn of the flame and keep them aside in a bowl.
3. Then add ridge gourd pieces and green chilles to the pan and close the lid and let them cook on medium flame until all the water in the pan evaporate and until they become light golden brown.
4. Then turn of the flame and let them cool then add this ridge gourd and the tempering which was kept aside in the bowl to the mixer jar and add salt to your taste, tamarind water and 1 spoon sugar or jaggery is optional.
5. Make them into a fine paste of all ingredients in the mixer and serve it in a bowl.
6. It goes best with rice, dosa, idly. So do try this recipe in your home.
Wear mask 😷 when you go out,
Take all the necessary precautions that should be taken to protect yourself and your loved ones from the virus,
With lots of love,
Thank you soo much for reading.