1 liter milk,
1/4 kg rice,
100 ml ghee,
2 spoons urad dal,
2 spoons Bengal gram/chana dal,
1/4 spoon mustard seeds,
1/4 spoon jeera/cumin seeds,
9 green chilles,
5 dried red chillies,
2 inches of ginger,
4 spoons ground nuts,
Salt according to your taste
1/4 spoon turmeric.
1. First cook the rice in pressure cooker for 5 vessels until the rice is cooked well.
2. When is pressure is released remove the lid and let the rice cool, I don’t prefer to mash rice so I didn’t, you like you can mash the rice.
3. Add 1 luke warm liter milk to it and mix it and add 2 spoons of milk.
4. Leave it for 6 hours/ the milk becomes curd.
5. After 6 hours take a pan, heat 100 ml ghee and add ground nuts on medium flame.
6. Fry them until they become brown color, then remove ground nuts into a bowl and add mustard seeds, cumin, chana dal, urad dal, peppercorns and dry red chillies and fry them on medium flame until they are golden brown then add green chilles, curry leaves and ginger pieces to and fry them.
7. Then add asafoetida, mix it and turn off the flame.
8. Add this tempering to the curd rice and add salt according to your taste.
9. Mix all ingredients well so that all the flavors get mixed then serve it in the bowl.
So this is one of the methods of making traditional Indian curd rice. It is very famous dish in India mainly in South india. It is seen mostly on every important festival in every home. It is also seen in many temples As it is offered as Prasad for god. Do try this recipe in your home.
Wear mask 😷 when you go out,
Do take all the necessary precautions that should be taken to protect yourself and your loved ones from the virus,
With lots of love,
Thank you soo much for reading.