This is a Karnataka recipe, its one of our styles of preparing this yummy recipe. So do try this recipe and enjoy it. Its a mini vangibath recipe. It also includes how to prepare vangibath powder.
Rice 1/2 kg, white Brinjal 1/4 KG, green Chilles 7, red Chilles 7, 5 table Spoons peanuts/groundnuts, 1 spoon cumin/zeera, 2 table coriander seeds, 5 table spoons raw Chana Dal (Pachi Senaga Pappu) which is not fried, 2 table spoons of fried chana dal, cashew 50 grams, oil 150 grams, salt to your taste, turmeric 1/4 spoon, coriander.
Note that adjust salt and spice according to your taste, i prefer spicy food so i added ingredients according to it,
PREPARING VANGI BATH RECIPE
- For 1/2 kg rice add one liter of water and boil the rice in electric rice cooker or in pressure cooker.
- Take a pan and heat it then add 50 grams of oil. when the oil heats add cumin, coriander seeds, peanuts and raw chana dal(pachi senaga pappu), fry them on medium flame until they become brown or until we can fell the sweet smell of fried ingredients. Take the fried ingredients into mixing jar.
- Then in the same pan add dried chillies and fry them until they change the colour, don’t over fry them, add them to the same mixer, leave them until they cool down add 1/4 spoon salt to it and then make them into a fine powder.
- In the same pan add remaining oil, when the oil is hot add cashews, fry them until they are light golden brown then add long sliced green chilles mix them after two minutes add thin long sliced white bringal.
- Fry until they are brown then add a pinch of turmeric and salt according to your taste note that we already added salt to the spice powder then fry them for five minutes after adding salt and turmeric then add half of the vangibath powder and co we made and coriander leaves to the pan mix and fry them for two minutes and turn of the flame.
- Let all the ingredients cool.
- To another half of the vangibath powder add fried chana dall and grind them into fine powder in mixture.
- Take cooked rice into large basin or plate then add 50 ml light heated oil, another half of vangibath powder, fried bringal, and salt to you taste to the rice.
- Then mix all the ingredients evenly that all the flavors must be in every part of the dish.
- Serve this yummy recipe in the plates. This is a simple method of preparing vangibath.
You can make vangibath powder in more quantity and preserve it outside in airtight containers. It can be served with rice, idly and dosa or it makes easy when you cook several times.
So this is my style simple method of vangibath recipe. Do try it in your home.
Wear mask 😷 when you go out,
Take all the necessary precautions that should be taken to protect yourself, your family and others from the virus,
With lots of love,
Thank you soo much for reading.